Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tiger Eyes

Looking back on it all, I don't know how I made it out. You had taken a hold of me. Just the way you held me made me believe I may never leave. I'm here now. You're not next to me. All along I had thought that would be the outcome. However, it is greater. It was you that was part of the plan. To break me open. Such pain lied inside. You were just part of the process to heal those wounds. It did not seem at the time a lesson. It surely was just that, a lesson in disguise. It only reveals itself when the time is right. None of this is known or understood at the time. I felt, at the time, true pain. I had been through worse than that. This pain was one I could not bare. It took a part of me with it. As life went on, I had realized. This pain was only a lesson. It took only the parts of me I no longer need. Each moment, whether big or small, heart-aching or joyful, is only temporary. There will always be another moment almost the same yet different. Soon all revealing something new. As I go on, I am left to believe I am strong. I see it in my eyes. Lightly glowing a deep brown, those tiger eyes. 

No comments: